Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Return to the Sunshine State

Battle River



I finally returned home back to the sunshine state from a 8 day stint in Alberta, Canada.  I was doing a prodigious amount work on trains and took just a little bit of time to watch the bison, elk, deer, and bears through the prairies and plains.  Actually, I was kidding about the bears, I actually didn't see any.  I wish I did though because I felt pretty safe surrounded by nothing but steel and was at least 12 feet off the ground.  If we hit anything we probably would have the upper edge.  The long stretches of nothing but plains was a site to see.  I was also very thankful that the time frame was August and not January when it would be 30 below.

 I was looking forward to the return as I really needed the rest.  While I was laying around in my condo, I realized that my lease on my ocean side condo was ending soon and that I better start taking advantage of the beach by actually walking downstairs through the garage and through swimming pool and setting my right foot in the sand.  Yes, I was going to take a sunset walk along the beach by myself.  It was not very romantic and quite lonely at first as many couples walked by, but the ocean was very calm and peaceful.  After about a quarter mile I came upon a group of birds.  Someone had left a big chunk of bread or part of a donut.  It was surprising to see the birds fight over this even though the food was quite plentiful to share.  I was able to get a nice action shot of the bird in attack mode.  I watched them for a while and got bored and walked back to my condo.  Its a beach I guess.

1 comment:

  1. So what are the plans looking forward? Things have been NUTS to say the least. I don't think I've had a moment to breathe since July. There's been so much going on at work and at home.

    I've been meaning to catch up with you but there's literally been no time. Hope you're doing well. I'll try to keep tabs on you through the blog. I'm just taking a quick break at work..

    Take care bro.

    ReplyDelete